Everyone is starting to be in a festive mood so let's make it count. If it is your turn to host the family get together or if it is your first time, we have 7 guaranteed show-stopper recipes for you to try out whilst staying safe with your family.
We get only one shot this 'special' Raya and its only for 20 people.
1. Lamb Tagine : : Anything kambing is always a hit! If you are swamped with preparations and have tonnes of bits and bobs to get ready, this Lamb Tagine is the best recipe for you because all you need to do is to put all the ingredients together and bang it in the oven for a couple of hours. The result is tender off-the-bone lamb with fragrant spices that will tantalize even the pickiest eater.
2. Laksa Johor : Famous for its use of Spaghetti instead of the usual laksa noodles & accompanied by a hearty fish gravy and fresh herbs, we have Laksa Johor. Each bite is packed full of flavours that sends your taste buds into sensory overdrive. The kuah can be pre-prepared a day in advance and the flavours will intensify more. Let your guests build their own bowls for a bit of fun and let them slurp away. Get the serviettes ready!
3. Nasi Dagang Gulai Ikan Tongkol : hails from the charming east coast and this is the Kelantanese version as it uses brown rice. I love it when the serve this with whole birds eye chilli in the sauce and you can take bites of it to give it an extra kick. This is definitely a crowd pleaser and it is best served with a hot cup of teh-o to wash it all down.
4. Lamb Briyani : This Simple Lamb Briyani is a one pot wonder and great dish to serve for a party. You can cook this first thing in the morning and let it rest for a couple of hours before serving to allow flavours merry in the pot. It uses your basic pantry spices and doesn’t take more than an hour to cook. The spices are subtle, light and fragrant so kids can enjoy it too.
5. Chocolate Cake : My mom makes Chocolate Cake only once a year which is during Raya. My sister and I will hover when my mom is baking the cake, hoping to lick the cake batter and chocolate icing. Before you think cakes are too rich to serve after all consuming all the hearty food, you are only serving a tiny slice for each guest. Trust me they will pinch another slice. Raya cookies is all good and fun but this is the piece de resistance of dessert I look forward to each year.
6. Pavlova : Another scrumptious dessert you can serve that will definitely get an echo of wow! is this amazingly beautiful Pavlova. Crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy in the middle. The meringue is slightly sweet so you can fill it with a tangy citrus curd to balance it out.
7. Date Cake with Toffee Sauce : Got some leftover dates from Ramadhan? We got a great recipe to help you finish it up! This date pudding is a moist and decadent cake which uses date puree as a base that gives the cake flavour and body. Serve it with warm toffee sauce, so sedap it will make your eyes roll.
We hope you have loads of fun hosting your open house this year... with 20. people Cook something different to make this special day a more memorable one. Remember, the only thing that should be overcrowded is your stove. Jangan kupa to share this article to your loved ones. Selamat Hari Raaayyaaaaaaa! #StaySafe #KeepCalmAndRayaOn
Fri, May 22, 2020
Wed, May 20, 2020
Tue, May 19, 2020
Mon, May 18, 2020
Thu, May 14, 2020
Tue, May 12, 2020
Wed, May 06, 2020
Tue, May 05, 2020
Mon, May 04, 2020
Wed, April 29, 2020
Mon, April 20, 2020
Wed, April 15, 2020
Thu, March 19, 2020
Thu, March 05, 2020
Since 1998, FriedChillies.com has been a website dedicated to foodies from all over the world. FriedChillies Media writes, shoots, edits, produces, publishes and dreams about food. Food in all its alluring and appetizing forms.
We think there are endless ways to showcase food be it recipes, eating habits or just people obsessing about it. So we have shows to suit the foodie in everyone (check our shows here) and we have articles, reviews, gadgets, cooking tips and much, much more. Come to Friedchillies.com and we guarantee you'll go away hungry for more. Like us.
The highly interactive site is on its way to achieving its mission -- getting Malaysian food worldwide recognition.
Blogs like FriedChillies and Penang Street Foods have sprouted in recent years, deliciously chronicling the pan - Asia flavors of dishes.
A specialist topic content brand that provides food guides, editorial, reviews and community information for afficionados of Asian food including street food.
Plenty of mouth watering suggestions for the Epicurean
Bouyant, bold and thigh slappingly funny.
Listed for three consecutive years, Best 88 websites, 88 Most Noteworthy website
© Friedchillies Media Sdn Bhd. All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is subject to change; all details must be directly confirmed with service establishments. Reproduction without explicit permission is prohibited.