Join Zelda and Gypsy as they show you how to make these scrumptious coconut candies for Halloween.
Sprinkled with coconut and a lil' bit of magic...
In celebration of Hallow's Eve, Zelda the Witch is busy making candy in her kitchen. With her loyal assistant, Gypsy the Cat, Zelda is rustling up batches of her famous coconut candy to be given out to her guests at her annual Halloween party. Zelda's coconut candies are yummy with a hard toffee exterior and a delicious chewy caramel centre.
To make them even more irresistible, she sprinkles them with a generous amount of shredded coconut. These coconut candies are so popular and addictive that Frankenstein and The Mummy have been known to fight over the last piece every year.
For a change, make your own Halloween candy this year. Here's Zelda's recipe if you're game to try it.
Tastes like toffee with a coconut twist.
Serving : 15 pax
Prep Time : 15 min
Cooking Time : 20 min
Resting Time : 20 min
2 Cups Coconut Milk
150 gm Palm Sugar
50 gm Rock Sugar
A pinch of Salt
½ Cup Toasted Shredded Coconut
Line a baking sheet on a tray
1. Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
2. Cook and simmer until the mixture is reduced into a thick syrup.
3. Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture onto the baking sheet and sprinkle some toasted coconut on top.
4. Repeat this process. You have to do this quickly before the mixture hardens.
5. Once all the mixture have been used up, let it rest for 20 mins. Then, wrap the candy in individual wrappers or transfer them into a biscuit tin and give them out as party favours.