- Mana Nak Cari Lemang - The Complete List
Mana Nak Cari Lemang - The Complete List
Every year, one week before raya Malaysians go into a lemang frenzy and join the crazy queue at their favourite lemang stall to rekindle back the once in a year friendship with their favourite lemang seller. Except this year. Where have the sellers gone?
Here's your one-stop list of lemang sellers in Klang Valley
Well, we have good news. Braving hungry tummies during the fasting month, the FriedChillies team spent weeks tracing down as many sellers as we can... and listed them down here just for you. Here are 5 of our community favourites and more, out fresh from the current PKP.
1. Lemang Warisan Emma, Ampang - Safri currently captains the ship at LWE. A second generation lemang seller with expertise passed down from her mom (Emma) with 20 over years of experience. Their lemangs are expertly done the traditional bakar lemang way. Besides their lemang biasa, their speciality is lemang pulut hitam. A hit with regulars. We recommend the Rendang Ayam. Generous at RM10/pack. Lemangs start at RM15.
Whatsapp Safri at 018- 9773615; or you can make payment via DuitNow to Safri 010-3687719
2. Lemang Osman Misai, Subang Jaya - We don't know who this newcomer Osman Misai guy is except that his lemangs are definitely tasty and is starting to get a good buzz on social media. Wak Osman's lemang has a nice lemak flavor with a soft lemang texture. Rendang is good. A bit pricey (Subang Jaya prices) but definitely worth the money. RM20 for Lemang/ RM16 for Rendang.
Whatsapp to order and you can make payment via DuitNow to Anas at 012-3315322
3. Lemang Si Merah, Bangi - Perfected by the catering guys at MZ Cafe, their lemang whilst not the bakar type, packs great flavour. A special secret machine is used to make these lovely lemangs that gives a good balance, softness to the lemang and the infused flavours of daun pisang are present. Their tasty rendang is packed in a retort pouch so that it keeps longer and more convenient. Lemang prices start from RM10.50 only. Rendangs RM12.
Whatsapp Wawa at 014- 3160040. Make payment via DuitNow to Fairol 810119-03-5249 (IC)
4. Lemang Power, Bandar Tasik Permaisuri - Ajib is a local hero amongst lemang fans in his community. PKP badly affected his lemang business, he had no way to bakar his lemang and so, pivoted into a gas chamber technique that produced just stunning results. Tasted better than his regular bakar versions! Many lemangs had to be sacrificed before he managed reached the perfection of this scale but they definitely got our vote. Rendangs are fairly priced and tasty. RM13 for Lemang + RM7 for Rendang.
Whatsapp to order and make payment via DuitNow to Ajib at 019- 3133425
5. Lemang Tok Megat, Puchong - This year, Megat gave his fans a real "tak berniaga" scare. And then, several days ago, a single post appeared on their Facebook that they are starting on the 18th May and their orders have been coming in like crazy from then on. Their mid-size lemangs are best... good infused flavours and wood-fired the traditional way. Don't forget their rendang too. RM13 for Lemang + RM7 for Rendang.
Whatsapp to order and make payment via DuitNow to Tok Megat at 016-9160897
So that’s our favourite 5 for this year within the 'daerah' of Klang Valley. And yes, just to make sure... we tested each and every one of these 5 lemangs… you know, just to make sure that they are still tasty.
So what's great with lemangs this year? Serunding & kek batik/creme caramel to balance the spiciness of the rendangs. We are recommending a couple of hardworking young startups that sell awesome accompaniments to your lemang. Try them! Pay via DuitNow.
1. Sri Serunding, KL - Sharifah runs a small homebase business selling serunding from Kelantan. Comes in a nicely packed jar to makes sure that your serunding stays fresh for your makan lemang sessions. Whatsapp to order and make payment via DuitNow to Sharifah at 019-3383257
2. Serunding Sai'da Premium - Safwan is a serunding lover. Started his serunding business last year selling serunding to friends and family. It was a hit and with repeated requests, he is now in his second year. Whatsapp to order and make payment via DuitNow to Safwan at 019-9404777
3. As Sorted by TIQ - Known by Atiqah's friends and family for her signature desserts, it took the PKP for As Sorted by Tiq to come out. She is famous for her Kek Batik and Caramel Pudding. Get her homemade desserts by Whatsapp and make payment via DuitNow to TIQ at 012-4116160.
Now, just for you... a *validated* list of other lemang sellers that we know are operating in Klang Valley this Raya period.
Stay safe by asking them to accept DuitNow as payment instead of asking for a 12 digits account number or COD. Here's the list!
- Lemang Budak Kampung, 012-6187626 PUCHONG
- Lemang Bonda Kampung Subang, 017-237656 KG SUBANG
- Lemang Corner Ori, 017-2675512 TMN DATO HARUN
- Hj Yusof Lemang Pandan, 010-2515157 SHAH ALAM
- Lemang Simpang 8 Shah Alam, 019-3009993 SHAH ALAM
- Lemang Warisan Damai, 011-10025461 DAMANSARA DAMAI
- Lemang Lebaran Kampung Jawa, 016-2911352 KLANG
- Lemang Pandan Baginda, 014-6786083 KAJANG
- Lemang Tok Janggut, 012-3011862 KG KERINCHI
- Lemang Periuk Kera Rare, 011-10045723 KL
- Lemang Pak Lontok 013-2374916/ 60172244339 KL
- Lemang Resipi Opah Kite, 017-3030235 (Apy) KL
- Lemang Peluru, 016-4204414 SUBANG JAYA
- Lemang Resepi Bonda, 017-8883010 KELANA JAYA
- Lemang Panjang, 011-26413633 BANGI
- Lemang Ayahda Amiro, 018-3603696 PUCHONG
- Lemang Kemansah, 019-2736015 / 019-3475953 MELAWATI
- Lemang Pandan Village, 011-36525779 AMPANG
- Lemang RB Corner AU3, 013-223 3677 KL
- Lemang Tok Ketua, 011-26162838 TAMAN SRI ANDALAS
- Lemang Daun Lerek, 018-2232866 GOMBAK
- Lemang Pilahdelphia, 019-3887147 KUALA PILAH -> KL
- Lemang Pantai Power, 014-6443772 - PANTAI DALAM
- Lemang Pak Ali, 012-2540969 - MRR2 ULU KELANG
- Lemang To'Ki, 011-14472611 - BENTONG -> KL
- Lemang Pak Ajai, 016-4737548 - MRR2 GOMBAK
Hope the list helps. Selamat Hari Raya to everyone. Remember to stay safe whilst buying lemang and rendangs from your favourite sellers in our list. Selamat menjamu selera.
3 easy steps to pay using DuitNow
- Login to your preferred Internet or Mobile Banking for example Maybank2u, CIMB Clicks
- Look out for DuitNow under Fund Transfer or Send Money
- Key in the handphone number, amount you are paying and click Confirm
is operated by Payments Network Malaysia Sdn Bhd.