If you’ve tons of oranges this Chinese New Year, use some to make a citrus zesty glaze for scrumptious cinnamon rolls. They give these sweet rolls a welcoming tangy and refreshing kick.
"Give a zesty kick to your rolls!"
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup warm water
2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 egg yolks
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup butter (melted)
3/4 cups brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon powder
Nuts and raisins
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
3 Tbs orange juice
Zest of 1 orange
*Combine all glaze ingredients and drizzle on top of the rolls.
1. Heat milk and butter in a saucepan.
2. Add salt and sugar to two cups of flour first.
2. Beat together warm water, yeast and all eggs on a slow speed.
3. Add warm milk mixture and mix on medium speed.
4. Switch to dough hook, add 2 cups of flour and knead at medium speed until dough comes clear from the sides of the bowl.
5. Knead dough until you get a smooth round and place in an oiled large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap.
6. Leave for 1 1/2 - 2 hours in warm place.
7. After 2 hours, knead to knock out air and use a rolling pin to shape dough into 16x12 inch rectangular.
8. Spread melted butter on dough. Leave about an inch all around.
9. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar onto dough and any nuts you desire. You can also spread on chunky marmalade for extra orange flavour instead of butter and cinnamon.
10. Roll up the longest side of rectangular. Cut into 12 rolls.
11. Place rolls in a deep baking pan.
12. Leave for another hour to rise again.
13. Bake oven at 185 degrees for 25 mins.
14. Finish it off by drizzling the glaze on top.
Cinnamon Rolls with Orange Glaze