Who doesn’t like chilli crabs? We do realise that it’s a bit pernickety to cook crustaceans but this recipe is super simple, quick and easy to remember since the sauce uses 3 of everything.
These crabs are out of this world!
Serves 3 - 4 people
A super crab recipe using things you can find in your kitchen
6 flower crabs (you can also use mud crabs)
4 cloves garlic, crushed
8 bird's eye chillies (cili padi)
4 Tbs cooking oil
6-7 stalks dried chillies
1 onion, sliced
Some fresh coriander
1 cup flour
1 tsp white pepper
Pinch of salt
The 3 Sauce:
3 Tbs plum sauce
3 Tbs sweet Thai chilli sauce
3 Tbs tomato ketchup
3 Tbs sweet soy sauce
3 sour plums
1. Dip crabs in flour, pepper and salt mix and fry for 2 minutes each. Take out a set aside.
2. In a hot wok toss in chillies, onions, garlic and dried chillies.
3. Let it fry a minute and add all the sauce ingredients.
4. When its bubbling merrily add in crabs and mix evenly with sauce.
5. Add some fresh chopped coriander for garnish if desired.