How wonderful is a self-saucing chocolate cake? This recipe comes from food blogger Fatboybakes
From the mad mind of Fatboybakes
Serves 4 - 5 people
Warm and lovely, the melted chocolate centre is just divine...
220 gm cooking chocolate
180 gm butter
¾ cup sugar
1 cup cocoa
¾ cup ground almond
250 gm couverture chocolate
1. The night before: prepare frozen ganache centres by melting Group C ingredients in a saucepan or microwave. Let cool. Freeze in rectangle/square container overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 160C. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with cupcake paper, or grease the tin.
3. Melt Group A ingredients either in saucepan, or microwave. Make sure sugar is melted as well. Prepare cocoa and ground almond in a large mixing bowl.
4. Pour melted group A ingredients and stir together with a whisk. Add the eggs one at the time.
5. The final result will be a glorious chocolatey glossy batter that is almost pourable. Use 1/3rd cups to fill 12 muffin holes.
6. Scoop out cherry sized portions of frozen ganache, and insert into the centre.
7. Top with remaining batter to cover the frozen ganache.