With yummy crunchy bits of ikan bilis, tempe slices and crisp potatoes, this tasty sambal works well with rice or even as snacks when you get the attack of the munchies.
Crispy, spicy and so addictive!
Serves 4 people
Full of crunch with a spicy kick, you can even enjoy this dish as a snack during marathon movie nights.
100g Red Chillies
40g Bird’s Eye Chillies
3 Asam Keping
100g Red Onions, sliced
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
100g Tempe, sliced thinly
100g Potatoes, sliced thinly
150g Ikan Bilis
2 Cups Cooking Oil
1 Tbs Sugar
1. Blend chillies, bird’s eye chillies and garlic.
2. Fry ikan bilis, potatoes and tempe until golden and crisp. Do the ikan bilis last because it would take the longest to fry and you want it to stay crispy for the sambal.
3. Drain ikan bilis but leave about 5 Tbs oil in the wok.
4. Saute blended ingredients and onions until fragrant. Add in asam keping and sugar.
5. When it starts to smell good, add in fried ingredients and mix well.Cook for a further 5 minutes.