1. Rub turmeric and salt on fillets. Fry in oil, about 5 minutes flipping it once. Set aside.
2. Leave about 4 Tbs oil in the wok.
3. In a food processor, blend garlic, onions and belacan, you can also pound them using a pestle and mortar.
4. Saute blended ingredients. Then pound lemongrass stalks and toss them in the wok.
5. Add in chilli paste and saute until 'pecah minyak' (when oil starts to bubble on the surface of the ingredients).
6. Pour in tomato sauce, then add sugar.
7. Lastly, add in fish and let it simmer until fish is fully cooked.