Cook this up for dinner tonight. It’s super simple, takes not time to make and you can always sub it with bigger prawns for more bite!
Serves 2- 3 people
Best eaten on a cold, rainy day. The black pepper gives it quite a kick, just nice to warm you all over.
250g large shrimp/prawns, peeled
1 carrot, cut into thin strips (julienned)
1/2 onion, sliced
4-6 cloves garlic, crushed
2-3 Tbs cracked black pepper, 2-3 tablespoons
Soy sauce, to taste
1 bunch coriander/chinese celery, roughly chopped
2 Tbs oil
1. Heat oil until smoking. Add onions and carrots and stir fry until slightly crispy.
2. Add in garlic and the soy sauce. Stir fry until the veggies have softened.
3. Add in shrimp, cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the shrimp curls up and turns pink.
4. Next, sprinkle your black pepper. You can go crazy with this, should you desire.
5. Finally, toss in the chopped coriander or Chinese celery and season with salt.
6. Serve with white rice and red pepper flakes.