- What to cook
- Ayam Goreng Kunyit (Turmeric Fried Chicken)
Ayam Goreng Kunyit (Turmeric Fried Chicken)
A cheap and easy recipe for the weekday; Turmeric Fried Chicken or as we Malaysians call it; Ayam Goreng Kunyit, is the best dish to make when you crave for something simple yet flavourful. The original way to make this is to just deep fry everything… but our recipe uses much less oil and it will still give you that crispy and tender fried chicken we’re all familiar with. Plus you can toss in all the veggies you need! A complete Ayam Goreng Kunyit dish would be served with a plate of pipping hot rice, a Telur Mata Kerbau (Sunny Side Up), a dash of Sweet & Salty Soy Sauce and the one and only thing we love to eat with… everything; Sambal Belacan!
So sedap you can't stop eating this!
1 skinless, boneless chicken breast
¼ tsp. turmeric powder
½ tsp. salt
1 ½ tbsp. oil
½ carrot, sliced
2 long beans, cut to 1 inch long
3 shallots, quartered
1 red chilli, sliced
¼ tsp. sugar
1. Cut chicken breast into cubes and marinade with turmeric powder and salt for 5 minutes.
2. Heat up oil and sear chicken pieces, make sure to brown it really well on each side.
3. Add in long beans and shallots, fry for a minute and lastly throw in red chillies and season with sugar.
4. Serve with sambal belacan and sliced cucumber.