We loooove fried chicken! In all forms and shapes, fried chicken is always awesome. This recipe turns the chicken fragrant from the Pandan leaves, with a lovely spiciness from the marinade. Just the smell of this frying is enough to make everyone around salivate with anticipation.
Serves 4 people
You can also cut the chicken into smaller pieces for easier wrapping.
2 chicken legs, divided into thighs and drumsticks
1/2 cup dried chillies, soaked in water
1 tbsp cumin powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tbsp anise powder
1 inch fresh turmeric, sliced
1 inch fresh ginger, sliced
Salt to taste
Pandan leaves, enough to wrap the chicken in
Oil for frying
1. Blend the dried chillies, spices, ginger and turmeric together into a paste.
2. Marinade the chicken in the blended mixture for 2 hours.
3. After marinating, wrap the chicken pieces in the pandan leaves. Use toothpicks to secure the leaves in place.
4. Heat enough oil for deep-frying.
5. Fry the chicken pieces on medium heat for 20-25 minutes, turning a few times throughout.
6. Once cooked, drain well and serve hot.