Its weekday and to be honest, no one wants to spend 4 hours making Bolognaise sauce from scratch. We found a cheat’s way to prepare this meal in only 25 minutes, without using any bottled sauces. Achievement unlocked!
Serves 2 people
Use any good brand of burger patty or fresh saussage. It adds flavour to the meat sauce.
250g minced beef
1 burger patty
1 knob of butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup tomato passata/ canned tomato sauce
1 tsp. dried mixed herbs
2 cups elbow pasta
3 cups hot water
Salt & pepper
3 tbsp. grated parmesan
1 tbsp. chopped parsley
1. Use whatever you have, a deep pan or a pot, melt the butter and sauté the chopped onions until soft and translucent.
2. Add in the beef and burger patty and break it up into tiny pieces. Cook until there is a nice brown colour on the mince. This should take about 5 minutes.
3. Pour in the tomato passata and mix dry herbs, give it a good stir. At this point, it will look like a very thick Bolognaise sauce.
4. Add in pasta and hot water and bring it to a boil. Cover with a lid and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes, or until the pasta has reached your desired texture.
5. Season with salt and pepper and finish off with grated parmesan and freshly chopped parsley.
6. Serve with a side of crisp salad or with some toasty garlic bread.