This lovely baked fish is so simple to make, you won’t break a sweat. Use the best fresh fish you can get your hands on, and you’re well on your way to serving an amazing meal for your romantic dinner. The fish is scrumptious, with a sticky sauce and delicious with a side of baby potatoes and crisp snow peas.
Go on... cook dinner for someone you love
Serves 2 people
By slathering the sauce on the fish and giving it another grill, it will caramelise beautifully into the fish
2 fish fillet (any white fish)
6 cloves garlic
1 ½ tbsp. soy sauce
1 ½ tbsp. Coleman’s dry mustard
3 tbsp. ketchup
4 tbsp. water
Drizzle of lemon juice
1. Season the fish fillet with salt and pepper. Bake it in the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes or until it is half cooked. Remove from oven and set it aside.
2. Using a sauce pan, melt the butter and sauté the garlic until it is golden yellow colour. Add in soy sauce, dry mustard and ketchup.
3. Gently simmer for a minute on low heat. Loosen the sauce with water and drizzle in some lemon juice. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
4. Spoon the sauce onto the fish. Bake it in the oven again for 15 minutes or until it is fully cooked. The cooking times will vary depending on the size of your fish fillet.
5. Serve when it is piping hot!