When was the last time you had oats? 4 out of 5 will probably say it was ages ago. Me included! Till I discovered this wonderful recipe for savoury oats that is just out of this world. I like mine with some extra goats cheese. Yum!
Bring the good old oats back to life!
Serves 2 - 3 people
For a lush textured oats, try folding in some mascarpone cheese.
1 cup oats
2 cups chicken stock
3 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
Bit of oil
1 packet beef bacon, chopped
1 small knob of butter
2 shallots, diced
1 garlic, chopped
5 cherry tomatoes, halved
Pinch of sugar
Salt & pepper
1. Cook the oats with water until desired texture. When it is ready, fold in the parmesan cheese.
2. In a saute pan, fry off the chopped beef bacon until crispy and set it aside.
3. Add butter into the same pan with the beef bacon fat and sauté shallots and garlic until translucent.
4. Add in halved cherry tomatoes and cook until tomatoes shrink slightly. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
5. Place the cooked cheesy oats in a bowl topped with crispy bacon and sautéed tomatoes.