Bubur is the ultimate comfort food. Whether you are sick, want a light meal or just want to have something to warm you up on a cold rainy night, then THIS is the answer for you.
One of the best comfort foods
Serves 4 - 6 people
You can use leftover rice to make bubur. Just add water and simmer until the rice breaks down.
1 cup rice
1 inch ginger, finely chopped
1 chicken cube
2 chicken breast, skinless & boneless
Pinch of white pepper powder
1 tsp. sesame oil
Garnish & Condiments
Chopped coriander or chopped spring onions
Salted duck egg
1. Wash rice and boil with 3 liters of water, ginger and one chicken cube. Bring it to a simmer.
2. Add in chicken breast and simmer for 30 minutes on low heat. Stir occasionally.
3. Once chicken is cooked, take it out from the bubur and shred it into small pieces.
4. Season bubur with white pepper powder and sesame oil. Add more water if bubur is too thick and adjust seasoning to taste.
5. To serve, ladle bubur into a bowl and season with more white pepper powder, sesame oil and garnish with fried shallots and chopped herbs. Don’t forget to serve with salted duck egg.