Once in a while I get this craving for a feel good bubur pulut. Rich and lush bubur stirred in fresh creamy coconut milk with essence of fresh pandan leaves. I used a pressure cooker for this recipe to cut the cooking time in half.
Serves 6 - 8 people
Soaking the rice allows it to retain the shape throughout the cooking process
2 cups black glutinous rice
5 cups water
2 pieces of pandan leaves, tied in knots
1/2L fresh coconut milk
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1. Soak the rice in water for an hour.
2. After an hour, give the rice a good rinse and add water and pandan leaves into a pressure cooker. Cook on high pressure for 45 minutes.
3. Carefully release pressure and open the lid.
4. Stir in coconut milk, sugar and salt. Let it simmer gently for 10 minutes to let the coconut fragrance infuse into the bubur.
5. Serve hot or at room temperature.