1. Rub butter, flour, sugar and salt together.
2. Mix yeast and milk together. Combine with butter mixture and knead until you get a smooth dough. Cover with wet kitchen towel and let it proof for an hour.
3. After an hour, punch the dough to release air, divide and shape into 8 mini balls. Rest fot another hour under a wet kitchen towel again.
4. Press the mini bun with a fork to release some air.
5. Heat oil in wok to 170C-180C. Deep-fry until golden brown.
Sambal Ikan Bilis
1. Blend garlic, shallots and dried chillies into a paste.
2. Heat oil in wok, and fry lemongrass till fragrant.
3. Next, add blended ingredients and cook until oil forms small bubbles.
4. As soon as this happens, crumble the shrimp paste into smaller pieces and put them straight into the wok.
5. Pour in 1 ½ Cups of tamarind juice. Simmer for a few minutes. Adjust the sourness by adding the remaining juice.
6. Add in anchovies cook till they soften. Adjust the consistency by adding water.
7. Lastly, stir in the sliced onion and let it cook for a further 2 minutes.
8. Season well.
1. Cut the burger buns in half.
2. Line 3 slices of cucumber on one half of the bun.
3. Scoop a spoonful of sambal ikan bilis on top of the cucumber slices.
4. Sandwich the two halves together.