Fry these up and kick back with a cup of teh tarik. They aren’t too difficult to make and once you start you won’t be able to stop. They’re that good! Life is sweet indeed…
Serves 4 people
These are seriously great snacks!
1 Tbs melted butter
1 tsp salt
2 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs condensed milk
1 egg yolk
1 ½ Tbs yeast
½ tsp bicarbonate soda
1 cup water
1. Mix all the ingredients except for flour.
2. Put flour in mixture. Using a dough hook slowy pour in all the liquid until you get a dough. Do this little by little as you don’t want a dough that’s too wet.
3. Let dough rise for 2 hours.
4. After 2 hours, knead it out and cut into strips.
5. Heat enough oil for frying and fry strips until golden brown. Remember not to crowd your wok.
6. Eat with kaya or sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top while it’s still hot.