Tis' the season to be jolly, tra lalalala. Make this for a creamy sweet ending at your Christmas dinner. We're embracing the red and white holiday colours with this indulgent cherry cheesecake. Best thing is it doesn't even require any baking.
Utterly scrumptious and incredibly creamy..
Serves 6 - 8 servings people
Easy to make and irresistibly good to eat.
1 1/4 cups of digestive biscuits
1/2 cup melted butter
500 g cream cheese
3 tsp gelatin dissolved in 1/4 cup of boiling water
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 tbs lemon rind
1/3 cup condensed milk
1 cup thickened cream
1 can cherry pie filling
1. Blitz the biscuits in a food processor. In a round spring form pan/ round baking tin, add in melted butter to blitzed biscuits. Press the mixture to the bottom of the tin. Chill in fridge for 1 hour.
2. In a mixer, beat cream cheese at room temperature. Add gelatin and beat until smooth (about 8 mins). Make sure you scrape the sides half way.
3. Add in lemon juice, rind, milk and cream. Mix it in.
4. Pour mix into pan, then chill in the fridge overnight.
5. Before serving, add cherries on top of cake.