- What to cook
- Chicken & Black Pepper Mushroom Sauce Burgers
Chicken & Black Pepper Mushroom Sauce Burgers
This burger is inspired from SS15 Subang Jaya’s The Burgershop. Adi, the proprietor, makes an awesome burger slathered in mushroom sauce. We decided to do our take on it. The result is a delicious, satisfying burger bursting with flavour!
Our tribute to The Burgershop SS15!
Serves 2 people
Use fresh button mushrooms for better flavour in the sauce.
1 chicken breast, halved
1 cup fresh button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2 Tbsp coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup cream
1 wedge of lemon
Some cherry tomatoes, halved
Salt and pepper to taste
Buns of your choice
1. Season the chicken well with salt and pepper then pan fry for 5 minutes each side, or until golden brown. Set aside.
2. In the same pan, saute the onions and garlic until browned and soft. Add the mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms on high heat until they have shrunk and is a deep brown colour, about 5 minutes. Add the 2 Tbsp black pepper.
3. Deglaze the pan with the chicken stock. Bring to a boil then simmer to reduce for 10 minutes.
4. Once reduced, add in the cream. Bring to a boil then simmer to reduce for 5 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper, then squeeze some lemon juice to taste. Turn off the fire.
6. Assembly: bun (we used charcoal bread), cheese, cherry tomatoes, chicken, sauce, bun.
7. Enjoy. Bring napkins.