Chicken Katsu Curry is a Japanese staple of Crispy Chicken served with Rice and Curry sauce. You can get the curry blocks from supermarkets and choose the spice level: Mild, hot and extra hot. Cooks in only half an hour, this no-tumis curry sauce is a nice change for dinner.
Serves 2 people
Curry sauce will thicken as the curry blocks melt.
2 chicken breast
Salt and pepper
½ cup flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
½ yellow onion, sliced
1 carrot, diced
1 potato, diced
3 cups water
1 packet curry paste (4 cubes)
1. Sauté onions, carrot and potato until slightly browned. Add water and bring to a simmer.
2. Add curry cubes, cook until veggies are tender and curry has thickened. Keep warm.
This was the brand of Japanese Curry we used. There are many other choices available.
3. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper and flatten with rolling pin or some heavy object you have.
4. Take chicken and dredge in flour, then dip in beaten egg and finally coat it with breadcrumbs. Deep fry for 2 – 3 minutes until chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
5. Cut up chicken and serve with hot rice and yummy curry.