A Chinese stir fry is one of the quickest ways to cook your meal. There are endless varieties of ingredients you can add in and it is also one of the best ways to finish off the little bits of vegetables you have sitting in your fridge. Lets get your wok on!
A quick tasty meal in no time at all!
Serves 2 - 3 people
Marinating the chicken strips in corn flour for 5 minutes allows the texture of the chicken to be juicy and succulent.
1 chicken breast (skinless & boneless)
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. corn flour
2 tbsp. cooking oil
1 red onion (sliced)
1 thumb sized ginger (julienne)
1 tin straw mushrooms (halved)
½ tsp. grounded black pepper
2 tsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. oyster sauce
¼ cup water
Pinch of salt
1. Slice the chicken breast into thin strips and mix in soy sauce & corn flour.
2. Heat the cooking oil in a wok and sear off the chicken strips, do not overcook it. Remove from the wok.
3. Sauté the onions and ginger until fragrant. Add in the straw mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add in the chicken strips, season with grounded black pepper, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Cook it on high heat.
5. Pour in the water and stir thoroughly until all of the ingredients are well combined. Let it reduce to thicken.
6. Serve with a hot bowl of rice and some greens of your choice.