We did a tweak for this recipe. The chicken is baked without the sauce to keep the coating crispy. The zing from the tomato sauce balances the cheesiness out beautifully.
Melted cheese over crispy breaded chicken served with robust tomato sauce... Yum!
2 chicken breasts (skinless & boneless)
Salt & pepper
3 tbsp. flour
1 ½ cup breadcrumbs
½ cup parmesan cheese
Oil for frying
¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
2 cloves garlic (sliced)
1 tbsp. oil
1 tin chopped tomato
1 tsp. dry mixed herbs
Salt & sugar
Grounded black pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Sauté the garlic slices in oil until golden brown and pour in the tinned tomatoes. Fill the tin ¼ way up with water and rinse out the tin into the pot. Season with dry herbs, salt, sugar and pepper.
3. Butterfly each breast into 2 parts. Next part is breading the chicken. Season with salt and pepper and dust it with flour and shake off excess.
4. Next, coat it evenly with egg wash and transfer it onto a plate of breadcrumbs mixed with parmesan cheese. Fry 2 minutes on each side until the chicken is just cooked and golden brown.
5. Scatter grated cheese on the chicken and bake in the oven until the cheese has melted.
6. Serve the chicken with the tomato sauce and your choice of green vegetables.