These are one of those dishes you must order in a Chinese restaurant. So easy to make, no skills required! Just get your fish monger to clean the crabs for you and you can whip this up in a jiffy!
You will lick your plate clean!
Serves 4 people
Depending on the size of your crabs, take it off steam once the shell turns orange
2 blue swimmer crabs, cleaned
100g margarine or butter
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 red chillies, chopped
3 sprigs curry leaves
1 ½ cup evaporated milk
2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. corn flour
3 tbsp. water
1. Steam the crabs for 8 minutes. Set it aside
2. Melt the butter in a wok and saute the chopped chilli and garlic until fragrant.
3. Add in the curry leaves and fry for a few seconds.
4. Pour in the evaporated milk, salt and sugar and simmer for a few seconds.
5. Put the steamed crabs back into the sauce and give it a good stir.
6. Dilute the corn flour with water and mix it into the sauce.
7. Let the sauce thicken and serve immediately.
8. Best served with hot rice and fried buns.