A good chocolate cake can open the door to so many things…Try this recipe and found out!
Doesn't have to be perfect as long it's made with love...
Serves 6 - 8 people
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 and one third cup S. R. Flour
Half cup cocoa
Two thirds cup warm water/ 160ml water
100g dark chocolate (1 bar)
30g butter (2 level butter)
1 cup icing sugar
2 Tbs hot water
1. Put everything in a bowl and beat together- low speed 3 mins, increase to medium for another 2 minutes until very pale and smooth.
2. Put mixture in an 8 inch pan. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour in 180 celcius. If you are using fan foroce keep it at 160 celcius.
3. For icing, melt chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl on top of simmering water.
4. Gradually stir in icing sugar and hot water- until spreadable.
5. Spread icing on the cake making peaks. Sprinkle strawberries on top if desire.