Gingerbread Man Cookies are great but there is always someone who is not a fan of that spiced treat. Make these cute little Choc Chip Man Cookies instead. It is a semi crunchy chocolate chip cookie in the shape of little men. These little babies are a small tweak from the tradition but why not.. Have a little fun!
Great as homemade Christmas gifts
Serves 8 - 10 people
Icing cookies are a time consuming and messy task. If you want to skip all that, just have fun dotting the cookies with more chocolate chips.
225g soft butter (1 block)
200g sugar (1 cup)
1 tbsp. vanilla essence
3 tsp. baking powder
90g chocolate chips (1/2 cup)
360g flour (3 cups)
1. Beat butter and sugar until pale. Butter should be cold but soft to the touch.
2. Crack in egg and beat slowly to incorporate. Followed by vanilla essence, mix it in. Do this at slow speed so it doesn’t splatter everywhere.
3. Add in baking powder and chocolate chips. Lightly mix it to incorporate. Mix gently so the chocolate chips don’t start to smear cookie dough.
4. Lastly, add in half the amount of flour and mix it in. Stir to bind well and add in the remaining flour. Mix it in and make sure there are no flour lumps left. Adding in flour half at a time make it easier to mix into the cookie batter.
5. Pour cookie dough out onto a piece of baking parchment and roll it out to 1cm thick.
Baking parchment layer makes it easier to pick up the cookie dough cut outs
6. Cut out cookie-man and arrange on a lined baking parchment.
Use any size and shape of cookie cutter you have
7. Decorate little cookie-man with more chocolate chips.
Saves you time from icing it later
8. Bake in the oven at 175˚c for about 8 – 10 minutes. It should be pale golden brown. Let it cool completely before storing it air tight container.
9. These adorable cookies goes so well with a cold glass of milk!