A fantastic little dessert you can whip up in between entertaining your guests. Have it hot sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar or dip it in thick, dark chocolate like they do in Madrid…
1 Cup water
1 tsp sugar
1 Cup all purpose flour
1/4 Cup butter
Salt to taste
1. Put butter, water and sugar in a pot on medium heat.
2. After the sugar has dissolved add in all purpose flour and a pinch of salt (if desired) and stir vigourously with a wooden spoon.
3. Let it cool for 5 - 10 minutes before stirring in the eggs, one at a time. Your dough should be smooth and comes away from the side of the pan and form a ball.
4. Put a nozzle in a plastic bag, insert dough and squeeze out strands of it into hot oil. Snip off with scissors once you have the length you want. We like them about 3 inches long (easier to eat!)
5. Once golden brown lift out and then scatter sugar and cinnamon on top or eat it with some thick hot chocolate.