These deep fried treats are quick and easy to make and they are so addictive. It is usually served with chocolate sauce, but we just made up a Kaya sauce just because we wanted something different. I bet you whoever is around will start eating the hot Churros even before you finish frying up the entire batch. I had to smack some hands away.
Can’t resist a deep fried treat
Let the hot dough cool down before adding in eggs so you won’t end up with scrambled eggs
You can use a hand mixer to mix in the egg. Much faster and much easier.
1. Put water, sugar, butter and salt in a pot and bring to a gentle simmer.
2. Remove from heat, pour in all the flour and stir until the dough becomes a ball.
Make sure there are no flour lumps left and you're gonna use a little bit of energy stirring this up
3. Cool down hot dough ball for 10 minutes.
This is what it's gonna look like. You can break the dough ball up to let it cool down faster
4. Once slightly cooled down, add in 1 egg and mix in until well combined. Then only add in second egg and mix again until it becomes smooth and thick batter.
It will look slightly wet and snotty at first, but keep mixing and eventually it will bind together nicely
5. Use a star nozzle and fill piping bag with batter. If you don't have a piping bag, you can use a drink ta-apu bag. The ones mamak shops use to pack your take away drink.
It is OK if you don't have a star nozzle. Just pipe it straight into the hot oil. It will look like cakoi (you tiao) instead
6. Heat up oil till 180˚c and squeeze in strips of churros into the hot oil. I did mine about 4 - 5 inches long. Use a spoon or knife to 'cut' the batter strip.
It is easier to handle short Churros in a small pot
7. Fry on both sides for a few minutes until golden brown in colour.
Don't fry too much at one go. Churros will expand in the pot as they cook
8. Drain on paper towels and serve plain with kaya sauce or coat them in cinnamon sugar.
You can get all these done in half an hour!
9. To make the cinnamon sugar, just mix up sugar and cinnamon. Toss in churros while it is still hot so the sugars will stick to it.
10. To make the kaya sauce, combine kaya and milk in a pot and heat it up. Easy at that!
I preferred fresh milk over evaporated milk. Fresh milk gives it a lighter texture whilst evaporated milk made it very rich and heavy
What Are You Gonna Get at Ayam Lejen 2017?
Taste the Top 8 Fried Chickens in One Location!
We Discovered a Hidden Food Gem in KLIA
It's made fresh daily at Eden KLIA
I Eat Nasi Lemak 2016 is Back!
Fri, September 21, 2018
Tue, September 18, 2018
Sat, September 15, 2018
Thu, September 13, 2018
Fri, September 07, 2018
Tue, September 04, 2018
Thu, August 30, 2018
Tue, August 28, 2018
Wed, August 22, 2018
Tue, August 21, 2018
Since 1998, FriedChillies.com has been a website dedicated to foodies from all over the world. FriedChillies Media writes, shoots, edits, produces, publishes and dreams about food. Food in all its alluring and appetizing forms.
We think there are endless ways to showcase food be it recipes, eating habits or just people obsessing about it. So we have shows to suit the foodie in everyone (check our shows here) and we have articles, reviews, gadgets, cooking tips and much, much more. Come to Friedchillies.com and we guarantee you'll go away hungry for more. Like us.
The highly interactive site is on its way to achieving its mission -- getting Malaysian food worldwide recognition.
Blogs like FriedChillies and Penang Street Foods have sprouted in recent years, deliciously chronicling the pan - Asia flavors of dishes.
A specialist topic content brand that provides food guides, editorial, reviews and community information for afficionados of Asian food including street food.
Plenty of mouth watering suggestions for the Epicurean
Bouyant, bold and thigh slappingly funny.
Listed for three consecutive years, Best 88 websites, 88 Most Noteworthy website
© Friedchillies Media Sdn Bhd. All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is subject to change; all details must be directly confirmed with service establishments. Reproduction without explicit permission is prohibited.