Everyday Gourmet will be on Friedchillies Food Network soon! Featuring Justine Schofield from the first season of Masterchef Australia, the show is just the thing for home cooks wanting to do prepare everyday favourites for entertaining friends and family. Check out this yummy pasta recipe with chicken and pumpkin. Don’t forget to tune in to the Friedchillies Food Network on Channel 838, HyppTV for more.
Perfect pasta for family and friends!
Serves 4 people
Butternut squash is a kind of pumpkin.
300g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
160g penne pasta
2 tsp olive oil
250g lean chicken breast fillets, fat trimmed, thinly sliced
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbs cornflour
375ml can evaporated skim milk
6 pitted green olives in brine, sliced.
¼ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan cheese
*Preheat oven to 220°C or 200°C fan-forced.
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin on prepared tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 20 minutes. Add tomatoes and bake for 10 minutes or until pumpkin is lightly browned and tomatoes soften.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or until just tender. Drain.
3. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Return chicken to pan.
4. Blend cornflour and a little evaporated milk in a jug. Stir in remaining milk. Add milk mixture to pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
5. Add the pasta, olives and roasted pumpkin and tomatoes to the sauce. Toss gently to combine. Serve pasta sprinkled with cheese.