Crispy Calamaris are so addictive and easy to make. You can marinade it with any herbs and spices you fancy. If you see fresh large squid in your market, buy some and give this a go!
Can’t resist a good crispy calamari!
Serves 2 - 3 people
Before frying off the second batch, make sure the heat is up to temperature again or the squid will not become crispy.
1 large squid, cleaned and cut into strips
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. smoked paprika
Pinch of salt
Oil for frying
Lemon Yoghurt Dip
3 tbsp. plain yoghurt
3 tbsp. mayonnaise
Drizzle of lemon juice
1 tsp. honey
Salt and pepper
1. Mix the squid strips with garlic, smoked paprika and salt. Marinade for a few minutes.
2. In the meantime, mix all the ingredients together for the dip and set it aside.
3. Heat up the oil to 180 degrees Celsius.
4. Dredge the marinated squid in flour until it is well coated.
5. Fry the squid in batches until golden and crispy.
6. Drain on paper towels and serve with the dip.