Wraps are fun to eat and so simple to prepare. You could use any protein of your choice, we opted for fish. Get the kids to build their own wraps and make dinner a fun experience.
Have some fun and let the kids assemble their own wraps. They will love it!
4 to 8 pieces Tortilla wraps
Red peppers (charred)
Sour cream & onion dip
Crispy fish goujons
Sour Cream & Onion Dip:
2 shallot (diced)
Drizzle of lemon juice
4 tbsp. sour cream
1 tbsp. mayonnaise
2 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. chopped parsley
¼ tsp. salt
Crispy Fish Goujons:
8 to 10 fish strips
1. Bread the fish goujons. Season the fish with salt and pepper and dust with flour. Shake off excess and dip in egg wash, followed by the final coating of breadcrumbs. Let it chill in the fridge while you prepare other items.
2. For the dip, finely dice the shallots and squeeze a little lemon juice over it. Measure out all the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Store in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
3. To char the red pepper, put the whole pepper on direct stove flames and let the skin turn black. Once it is charred enough, allow it to cool and peel off the charred skin. Run under tap water to get rid of charred bits. Cut into strips and season with salt.
4. Fry the fish goujons for 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown. Drain with paper towels and serve.
5. Heat up the tortilla wrap on a dry pan. Put together all the condiments and build your wrap to your liking. You can get creative with the salads and vegetables. There are no set rules.