Have a change of flavours this week. Try these crispy bite sized chicken smothered in sesame sauce with tender steamed broccoli. This makes a very satisfying meal for buka!
Crispy bite-sized chicken in yummy sauce
Serves 2-3 people
Baking powder adds crunch to your fried chicken.
250g chicken breast, skinless & boneless
½ tsp salt
Pinch of white pepper
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
Oil for frying
Sesame seeds, toasted
½ tsp ginger, grated
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
½ cup chicken stock
2 tsp corn flour
½ tbsp sesame oil
1. Mix together ingredients for sauce. Set it aside.
2. Cut chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Season with salt & pepper and crack in egg and give it a good stir. Add in all-purpose flour and corn flour and mix thoroughly.
3. Fry the chicken until golden and crispy. This should take about 3 to 5 minutes. Fry chicken in two batches and drain them on paper towels.
4. Heat up a medium sized sauté pan and pour in the pre-mixed sauce. Gently simmer for 1 minute until it slightly thickens and add in chicken pieces.
Gently stir to ensure every bit of chicken is coated in the sauce.
5. Dish it onto a plate and garnish it with toasted sesame seeds.