Food prices in bazar Ramadhan is not exactly cheap these days. Above RM8 for Roti John is a bit nuts if you ask me. Might as well do it at home, you get more value for your money!
Serves 4 people
You can use leftover beef and chicken to make this. No food wastage!
1 burger patty (chopped) or 100g of chicken/beef mince
1 knob of butter
2 shallot, chopped
1 clove garlic, garlic
½ tsp. curry powder
80ml milk or water
½ tsp. salt to taste*
4 hot dog buns
Shredded carrots, optional
Shredded cabbage, optional
Chilli Saue, optional
Tomato Sauce, optional
1. Melt butter and sauté shallots and garlic till soft. Add in chopped up burger patty and curry powder and sauté until cooked.
2. Whip eggs and add in milk and salt. Pour in cooked chicken and mix well.
3. Place a ladle of egg & chicken mixture onto a non-stick pan.
4. Put hot dog buns cut side down before the egg sets. Press it down slightly so it will stick.
5. Flip over and scatter shredded veggies and spread some mayo and sauces of your choice.
6. Fold the roti back together and cut into portions. Serve hot!
Quick to make which is great for sahur or minutes before buka so it's nice and hot!