Baking bread at home is no longer a daunting task. This recipe is great for those without an oven but still can enjoy freshly made bread anytime.
No buns in the oven - literally
Best place to proof bread is in a warm area like the top of your fridge.
You can proof the bread overnight in the fridge, allowing the yeast time to develop more flavor.
1. Mix together the warm water, sugar and yeast in a bowl. When it starts to bubble, it is ready.
2. Measure out the flour & salt and add it into a food processor with the dough kneading attachment.
3. Add the bubbly yeast water and pulse until a dough ball starts to form in the food processor. Pulse it 3 seconds at a time for about 2 minutes
4. Scrape out the contents onto a flour dusted surface.
5. Lightly dust your hands shape the dough into a ball and place it into a large bowl with a little drizzle of olive oil at the bottom to prevent sticking.
6. Cover the bowl with a wet kitchen towel and let it proof for an hour.
7. After an hour and the dough has doubled in size, tip out the dough onto a flour dusted work surface again and knock out the air bubbles by kneading it for another minute.
8. Portion the dough into 6 balls and cover with the wet kitchen towel to let it proof again for half an hour.
9. Once the dough has risen for the second time, dust your work surface again and roll the dough out into 5mm thickness.
10. Heat a non-stick pan on medium high and cook your flatbread on both sides dry without any oil.
11. Jazz up your flatbreads by rubbing each side with some olive oil and a sprinkling of seeds, olives, zaataar, jalapenos, dried herbs.. anything you fancy really.
What Are You Gonna Get at Ayam Lejen 2017?
Taste the Top 8 Fried Chickens in One Location!
We Discovered a Hidden Food Gem in KLIA
It's made fresh daily at Eden KLIA
I Eat Nasi Lemak 2016 is Back!
Tue, October 16, 2018
Thu, October 11, 2018
Thu, October 04, 2018
Sat, September 29, 2018
Thu, September 27, 2018
Tue, September 25, 2018
Fri, September 21, 2018
Tue, September 18, 2018
Sat, September 15, 2018
Since 1998, FriedChillies.com has been a website dedicated to foodies from all over the world. FriedChillies Media writes, shoots, edits, produces, publishes and dreams about food. Food in all its alluring and appetizing forms.
We think there are endless ways to showcase food be it recipes, eating habits or just people obsessing about it. So we have shows to suit the foodie in everyone (check our shows here) and we have articles, reviews, gadgets, cooking tips and much, much more. Come to Friedchillies.com and we guarantee you'll go away hungry for more. Like us.
The highly interactive site is on its way to achieving its mission -- getting Malaysian food worldwide recognition.
Blogs like FriedChillies and Penang Street Foods have sprouted in recent years, deliciously chronicling the pan - Asia flavors of dishes.
A specialist topic content brand that provides food guides, editorial, reviews and community information for afficionados of Asian food including street food.
Plenty of mouth watering suggestions for the Epicurean
Bouyant, bold and thigh slappingly funny.
Listed for three consecutive years, Best 88 websites, 88 Most Noteworthy website
© Friedchillies Media Sdn Bhd. All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is subject to change; all details must be directly confirmed with service establishments. Reproduction without explicit permission is prohibited.