This is such an easy recipe to whip up especially when you’re pressed for time. Fried garlic flavours the rice and gives it an aromatic taste. If you’re looking for a quick dinner, this would be a perfect option.
2 Cups of Leftover Rice
10 Prawns, peeled and cut into small pieces
½ C Green Peas
½ C Carrots, chopped
½ C Corn. cooked and taken off the cob
4 cloves Garlic, roughly chopped
2 sprigs of Spring Onions, sliced
1 tsp Sesame Oil
1 tbs Light Soy Sauce
Salt and White Pepper for seasoning
2 tbs Oil
1. Heat the wok with oil over a high flame. Add garlic and fry till fragrant
2. Add prawns and cook until they start turning red.
3. Add rice and season with sesame oil and light soy sauce. Mix well
4. Make a hole in the centre of the wok and pour in eggs. Scramble and stir it into the rice.
5. Add in the vegetables.
6. Season well with salt and white pepper.
7. Keep on cooking until the rice is slightly charred.
Garlic Fried Rice