This is such an easy recipe to whip up especially when you're pressed for time. Fried garlic flavours the rice and gives it an aromatic taste. If you're looking for a quick dinner, this would be a perfect option.
"Fast and easy!"
2 Cups of Leftover Rice
10 Prawns, peeled and cut into small pieces
½ C Green Peas
½ C Carrots, chopped
½ C Corn. cooked and taken off the cob
4 cloves Garlic, roughly chopped
2 sprigs of Spring Onions, sliced
1 tsp Sesame Oil
1 tbs Light Soy Sauce
Salt and White Pepper for seasoning
2 tbs Oil
This is great eaten at any time of the day. Delicious and simple!
If you have any leftover veg, you can improvise and use it in this recipe.
1. Heat the wok with oil over a high flame. Add garlic and fry till fragrant
2. Add prawns and cook until they start turning red.
3. Add rice and season with sesame oil and light soy sauce. Mix well
4. Make a hole in the centre of the wok and pour in eggs. Scramble and stir it into the rice.
5. Add in the vegetables.
6. Season well with salt and white pepper.
7. Keep on cooking until the rice is slightly charred.
Garlic Fried Rice
You will need rice, eggs, spring onions, corn, carrots, peas and of course garlic. Seasonings would be light soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and white pepper.
Since 1998, FriedChillies.com has been a website dedicated to foodies from all over the world. FriedChillies Media writes, shoots, edits, produces, publishes and dreams about food. Food in all its alluring and appetizing forms.
We think there are endless ways to showcase food be it recipes, eating habits or just people obsessing about it. So we have shows to suit the foodie in everyone (check our shows here) and we have articles, reviews, gadgets, cooking tips and much, much more. Come to Friedchillies.com and we guarantee you'll go away hungry for more. Like us.