Cooking crabs doesn’t have to be complicated. The flesh itself is sweet and succulent, you need only a few simple ingredients to highlight it. In this recipe, the sticky coconut sauce sticks to the shells, you’ll be licking off every morsel of it.
Have a wonderful crabby meal!
Serves 4 people
If you want it to have more sauce, steam off the crabs first. Make a big batch of sauce and just stir it in together.
2 large blue swimmer crabs, cleaned
2 tbsp. cooking oil
2 inch ginger, julienne
2 cloves garlic, clopped
4 dried chillies
1 cup coconut milk
Salt & pepper
Pinch of Sugar.
Half a juicy lime
1. Heat up cooking oil in a wok on high heat and sauté ginger, garlic and chillies until fragrant.
2. Pour in coconut milk and crabs, give it a good stir.
3. Add in a little bit of water to loosen the coconut milk and cover the wok with a lid to create steam.
4. Depending of the size of your crabs, it should be cooked in 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper and a pinch of sugar.
6. Drizzle in some lime juice at the end to give it a slight twang.