This luscious fruitcake has tasty festive flavours brought upon by sultanas, cherries and orange peel. We used sultanas instead of raisins to give it a wonderful golden colour.
Serves 6 people
We divided the batter into 3 baked them in 4.5 inch round cake pans, then topped with fondant. Tie a ribbon and you'll have the perfect Christmas gift.
90g Butter, softened
125g Cream Cheese
1 1/4 C (250g) firmly packed Brown Sugar
1/2 C (75g) Plain Flour
1/2 C Self Raising Flour
1/4 C (60ml) Apple or Pineapple Juice
90g Orange Peel
1. Preheat oven. Line your baking pans with greaseproof paper.
2. Beat butter, cheese, sugar, eggs, juice on a low speed until all the ingredients are combined. Then beat on medium until mixture is smooth and changed in colour. Sift flour into batter.
3. Mix in orange peel, sultanas and cherries. Spoon mixture in baking pans, making sure to level the batter.
4. Bake cake in slow oven (150C) for 1 1/2 hours.
5. Once the cake is baked and cooled, decorate it with fondant.