This recipe is simple enough to make for a weekend lunch for two, or if you are having guests over. Pre-marinate chicken the night before and just plonk it on the grill when you are ready to eat. The lovely blend of spices makes a nice change for the palate.
Yummy grilled chicken skewers!
Serves 2 people
Chicken thighs are best used for this recipe. It remains juicy and succulent throughout the whole cooking process
2 chicken breast, skinless & boneless
1 red onion, quartered
½ cup Greek yoghurt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. paprika powder
¼ tsp. cumin powder
1 tsp. chilli flakes
1 tsp. honey
½ lemon zest
Salt & pepper
4 bamboo skewers
1 cup couscous
1 bunch of parsley
1 bunch of mint
Salt & pepper
1 tbsp. olive oil
1. Marinate the chicken first. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Mix yoghurt, garlic, olive oil, paprika, cumin, chilli, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
2. Pour the marinade all over the chicken and skewer it up with pieces of red onion.
3. Marinate for an hour, or preferably overnight.
4. To make salad, cook the couscous according to packet instructions. Fluff it up with a fork and add in the rest of the salad ingredients.
5. To cook the chicken, heat up a pan or grill on high flames and sear the chicken on all sides until cooked. Drizzle with a little olive oil in between to keep it moist.
6. Serve chicken skewers with the couscous salad, lemon wedges and a nice pot of mint tea to wash it all down.