You can find these at any kuih stalls and it is super popular during the fasting month. Kek Batik is essentially crushed biscuits soaked in a chocolate & Milo mixture. No baking required.
Serves 10 people
Use a heavy object to press down the cake slightly while it is chilling in the fridge.
250g butter (1 block)
70g cocoa powder
1 cup milk
½ tin condensed milk
350g Marie biscuits
1. Melt butter in a wide pan and add in milo, cocoa powder, milk and condensed milk. Stir on low heat to bind well.
2. Break up all the cookies and pour them into the chocolate mixture.
3. Stir to spread and coat the biscuits evenly.
4. Line a cake tin with parchment paper and pour in the chocolate and biscuit mix. Spread it out evenly and press it down to compact it.
5. Chill in the fridge for a few hours to set. Take it out from the mould and cut into bite sized pieces.