If you like fried chicken and anything cheezy, this recipe is for you! Fuss free fried chicken with won’t-pecah-your-budget-cheese-sauce. I just used a store bought frying flour which just makes life easier and saves lots of time. Serve it with ice cold fizzy drink. SO SATISFYING!
Crispy chicken with oozy cheezy sauce
Serves 4 people
Rest chicken wings for 10 minutes after frying. This way you won’t burn your lips eating it and resting helps keep the wings juicy and succulent.
10 chicken wings, drummet and winglet separated
2 tsp. chilli powder (optional)
½ tsp. chicken seasoning
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper powder (optional)
1 packet fried chicken flour (I used Adabi Tepung Goreng Ayam 450g)
Oil for frying
¼ cup. butter
1 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp. chicken seasoning
10 pieces cheese slices
1 tsp. black pepper powder
1 ½ cups milk
1. Put eggs, chilli powder, chicken seasoning and black pepper powder in a bowl and mix it up. Add in chicken wings, mix well and set aside.
If you're a spice head, add more chilli powder or use chilli paste instead
2. To make the sauce, melt butter and add in flour and chicken seasoning. Give it a stir and add in cheese slices, black pepper powder and milk. Whisk until no lumps. Keep it covered and warm.
You definitely can use grated cheese instead of sliced cheese
3. Heat oil up to 175˚c. Or a less high tech indicator, stick a wooden spoon into hot oil. If it start sizzling, it is ready.
4. Take chicken and dredge in fried chicken flour. Discard excess marinate.
Cover every nook and cranny with flour
5. Shake off excess flour and carefully drop the in hot oil. Fry until golden brown.
Don't over crowd hot oil with chicken wings. Do it in batches instead
Look and that crispy goodness! This took around 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Keep calm, dip and eat.