Oh the thought of a nice creamy cheesecake topped with a tart lemon curd! This Raya make it for a get together to balance out all that spicy rendang action. The base is the humble biskut Marie, so you just need to splurge for a jar of lemon curd. Dessert is sorted!
A chilled dessert for your open house
200ml lemon curd
500ml cream cheese
3 tsp gelatine
1 tsp lemon rind
1/4 cup warm water
1/3 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 packet biskut Marie
1. Blend biscuits until fine with melted butter.
2. Press it down firmly with the back of a spoon at the bottom of a cake mold to make the base. Let it chill for 20 minutes.
3. Beat cream cheese, lemon juice and lemon rind until mixed.
4. Add in condensed milk. Beat.
5. Mix gelatine in warm water until smooth. Add to the cheese batter and beat.
6. Pour into mold on top of the biscuit base. Smooth it down and chill for an hour.
7. Pour on lemon curd. Smooth it out and chill for a further 2 hours.