This wonderful snack is packed with calcium, iron and vitamins that your child needs. It is fun to eat, even for adults. Get your kids to give you a hand in making these. They will love it!
One of the best ways to sneak in veggies into your kids' meal
Serves 3 - 4 people
You can add all sorts of vegetables to this snack like fresh peas, corn & carrots. Just make sure it is chopped up really small so that it is laced with cheese.
6 medium sized potatoes
1 cup cooked chicken breast (chopped)
½ cup chopped broccoli florets (blanched)
1 cup grated cheese
Salt and pepper
1. Scrub clean the potatoes and bake them whole at 180 degrees for 1 hour, or until fork tender.
2. Once the cooked potatoes are cooled completely, cut it in half lengthwise and get the kids to scoop out the potato meat. Leave about 0.5mm of potato meat on the skin. Show them an example.
3. Keep the potato meat aside and use it for another meal.
4. Let the kids mix the chopped chicken breast and chopped broccoli and spoon it into the potato skins.
5. Sprinkle grated cheese over the filling and bake the potato boats for 10 minutes. You want the cheese to melt.
6. Best served with some BBQ sauce or some Tabasco sauce.