Who doesn’t love mac and cheese? Golden crust on top and a cheesy creamy macaroni filling makes this the ultimate comfort food. Try it and see how quickly it disappears. When we made this in the FC kitchen, everyone was fighting for the last piece!
Serves 4-6 people
Bring this to your next pot luck dinner and you'll see how popular it is.
4 C Milk
4 knobs of Butter
4-5 tbs All Purpose Flour
3 C Mild Cheddar
3 C Mature Cheddar
For Seasoning, Some Black Pepper and Salt
A Pinch of Nutmeg
400 g Macaroni
Enough Water, to cook the pasta
½ C Breadcrumbs
1 knob Butter
1. Gently heat up the milk. DO NOT BRING TO BOIL.
2. Once butter has melted, add flour. While whisking, add in hot milk until the mixture is smooth and silky.
2. Add 2 ½ C mild and 2 ½ C mature cheddar cheese into the mixture and season well. Set the cheese sauce aside.
1.Bring water to boil and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain immediately and run it under cold water to stop the cooking process. Strain it and put aside.
How to Assemble Everything:
1. Combine cheese mixture and pasta together. Mix well.
2. Pour the pasta and cheese combo into an ovenproof pot/bowl/pan.
3. Mix in the leftover mild and sharp cheddar
4. Scatter butter and bread crumbs on top.
5. Bake for 20-25 min at 170 C or until the crust turns golden brown.