Macaroni and cheese is often a household favourite and simple to whip up especially when you use something convenient like ANCHOR Cheddar Cheese Slices. We made it even more EXTRAordinary by stuffing it into pastry for a curry puff that has a satisfying bite. The sausage pieces balances out the cheesiness so you can enjoy it anytime of the day.
The perfect teatime treat!
Serves 6 - 8 people
Add any meat you fancy into the mac 'n' cheese to make it your own.
200g macaroni (boiled and drained)
3 chicken sausages (cut into small pieces)
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
100 ml water
300 ml milk
7 ANCHOR Cheddar Cheese Slices
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Store bought short crust pastry
1. Fry sausage until brown and drain oil. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in pan and fry garlic until fragrant.
3. Add in flour and stir. Once combined, pour in water and milk. Mix.
4. Add in ANCHOR Cheddar Cheese Slices and mix till all are incorporated.
5. Add macaroni and cook until everything thickens.
6. Add fried sausage and mix well. Add salt to taste.
7. Turn off heat and set macaroni and cheese aside to cool.
8. Roll out short crust pastry, cut into circles using a round cookie cutter.
9. In the middle of each pastry, put the cheesy macaroni and fold it into half and pleat it.
10. Fry until golden brown.