Meatballs are generally a crowd pleaser and very simple to make. I mixed it with some fresh sausage meat to keep it juicy and bouncy, plus a jar of Mashad’s Putanesca Sauce to bind it all together. Delish! You can of course use your favourite pasta sauce with this and simply add some anchovies and olives to it.
Balls you wanna stuff in your mouth!
Serves 2 people
To ensure the meatballs are cooked through, drizzle a little water into the pan during searing and cover it with a lid. The steam will cook the meatballs evenly.
150g minced beef
1 fresh breakfast sausage
1 tbsp. breadcrumbs
1 tbsp. chopped parsley
½ small onion, finely chopped
Salt & pepper
1 jar of Puttanesca Sauce
1. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al-dante.
2. Mix the rest of the ingredients together and shape it into meatballs.
3. Heat a saute pan on medium heat and sear the meatballs, cover with a lid.
4. When the meatballs is almost cooked, add in the jar of Putanesca sauce into the pan.
5. Cover again with a lid and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
6. Toss the spaghetti and add it into the sauce. Mix well and serve.