Pasta salads do not have to be complicated and you can put pretty much anything you like. I love using grilled Mediterranean vegetables as it is very versatile to pair with any dish. We used Mashad Pino’s Original Pasta Sauce to bring it all together. You can use your favourita pasta sauce or even pesto for this.
Great for a light dinner or lunch on the go!
Serves 6 - 8 people
Use your favourite flavoured oil for this recipe. I used truffle oil and extra virgin olive oil. But you can use garlic oil, lemon oil or onion oil.
1 jar of Mashad’s Original Pasta Sauce
1 green zucchini, sliced
1 yellow zucchini, sliced
1 red capsicum, sliced
1 yellow capsicum, sliced
1 green capsicum, sliced
1 eggplant, sliced
2 red onions
1 bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
1 bunch of fresh basil, chopped
Truffle oil or any flavoured oil
Feta cheese (optional)
1. Boil pasta in salted water until soft. Drain and set it aside to cool. Drizzle with a little flavoured oil to prevent sticking.
2. Heat grill. Season sliced vegetables with salt, pepper and olive oil and grill the veggies on both sides and let it grill and get soft on the pan, turning it over a few times. Leave the red onion whole with the skin-on on the grill and let it cook until soft. Peel and slice it after it is cooked.
3. In a large mixing bowl, put in cooked pasta, grilled veggies, cooked red onion, 1 whole jar of pasta sauce, chopped fresh herbs and a good glug of flavoured oil.
4. Season well with salt and pepper and give it a good mix.
5. Ideally, leave it in the fridge for an hour to allow the flavours to mix. Or you can serve it immediately.
6. This is optional, crumble in some feta cheese or blue cheese prior to serving.