A popular Johorean dish, Mi Bandung is made by cooking noodles in a thick broth and then garnishing it with beef strips, prawns and veg. The addition of poached egg makes it even more tastier. So flavourful that you’ll want more than one bowl!
After one sip, you want more!
Serves 3 people
Make this hearty noodle dish for lunch and impress your friends.
To be blended :
4 Cloves Garlic
15 Dried Chilies
½ Cup Dried Shrimp
1 Cup Water
Noodles and Ingredients for the broth :
4 Tbs Oil
1 Tbs Oyster Sauce
6 Cup of Beef Stock
A Handful of Sawi ( Chinese Mustard Leaves ), roughly chopped
A Handful of Chinese Cabbage, roughly chopped
15 Fresh Prawns
200 gm Beef ( Boil the beef until tender for about 20 minutes then slice into strips)
600 gm Egg Noodles
A pinch of Salt
1 tsp Sugar
1. Blend the shallots, garlic, dried chillies, dried shrimp and water into a fine paste. Heat up oil in wok, sauté blended ingredients until fragrant.
2. Stir in oyster sauce and beef stock.
3. Mix in sawi, chinese cabbage, prawns and beef strips. Leave to simmer.
4. Then, bring to boil and crack eggs into wok. Do not stir.
5. Season with salt and sugar.
6. Lastly, add the egg noodles and let it cook for about a minute.