This is a fab way to make use of extra nuts or raisins in your cupboard. Grab a tray, scatter your nuts, then pour on a sugary chocolate syrup. Let it cool, break it into piece and much away.
Serves 4 people
A wonderful sweet snack that looks pretty in a jar. Also great as a house warming or Valentine gift.
400g cooking chocolate
2 Tbs butter
1 tsp cinnmon
1 cup walnuts
1 cup hazelnuts
1 cup pecans
1 cup raisins
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup cream
¼ cup butter
1. Slowly melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
2. Lightly roast all the nuts with butter and cinnamon power.
3. Pour chocolate on a tray, scatter nuts and raisins evenly.
4. Pop it in the freezer for 10 minutes to let it set.
5. Make butterscotch by stirring brown sugar, cream and butter until melts and thickens.
6. Drizzle butterscotch on the chocolate. Let it set and then break into bars.