- What to cook
- MINYAK ALIF: Crispy Cornflakes Chicken Tenders
MINYAK ALIF: Crispy Cornflakes Chicken Tenders
Cornflakes is not just breakfast food. Those crunchy golden flakes are a great alternative to breadcrumbs and they taste great deep fried. Just crush ‘em up and roll it around some boneless chicken strips and fry it up with some Minyak ALIF until crispy. It is that simple.
Cereal is not just for breakfast
Serves 2 - 3 people
Cornflakes are already golden in colour so make sure the oil isn’t too hot when you start frying. Or else the crust will turn dark brown very fast.
10 chicken tenders
White pepper powder
3 cups cornflakes, crushed
½ tsp. chicken powder seasoning
Minyak ALIF for frying
1. Crush Cornflakes using a food processor or put it into a zip lock bag and use a rolling pin to roll and crush it. Mix in chicken seasoning powder and transfer onto a wide plate/tray.
I used a wooden spoon to bash the living day lights out of the Cornflakes. It was fun!
2. Season chicken tenders with a little salt and pepper. Let it sit for 2 minutes. This will allow some moisture to come out and make it easier for the crushed Cornflakes to stick to the chicken. Take a piece of chicken and roll it in crushed cornflakes. Repeat process until all chicken tenders are coated.
When this is done, let it sit for a few minutes for the Cornflakes to be glued to the chicken
3. Heat oil up Minyak ALIF to 170˚c and fry chicken until cooked and golden brown. This should take about 2 – 3 minutes. Drain on a cooling rack.
If the oil is too hot, it will burn the flakes easily
4. Serve with your favourite dipping sauce.