Guys, we know its mid month and budget is tight. Here is a budget recipe for a really good nasi goreng you can quickly whip up for buka or sahur. Most of the ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. Kurangkan the cillies if you’re making it for sahur tho!
Serves 2 people
Cold rice prevents it from becoming soggy fried rice.
2 cups cold cooked rice
1 small can of sardines, drained
2 tsp. chicken powder (optional)
2 tbsp. oil
2 red chilli
2 red chilli padi
2 green chilli padi
2 cloves garlic
½ tsp. salt
2 long beans, cut to 1 inch pieces (or whatever sayur you have)
1. Using a large bowl, mash up sardine pieces with a fork, combine with cold rice and season with chicken powder. Mix thoroughly and set it aside.
2. Pound all 3 types of chillies, garlic and shallots. You can use a lesung or a grinder.
3. Heat oil in a pan and sauté pounded ingredients until it is fragrant and the paste shrinks. This should only take 2 – 3 minutes. Season with salt.
4. Add in long beans and cook for a minute and pour in the sardine and rice mix.
5. Stir to combine all of the ingredients and that’s it. All done!
Note: Serve with cucumber slices and keropok keping. Awesome combo!